Thursday, November 24, 2005

::On Being Thankful::

Chocolate ringlets bounce with excitement.
Your sweet voice rings through the house,
And trills of giggly laughter ricochet off the walls.
You flash a broad smile and squint your eyes,
Knowing I cannot resist.

Delighted squeals and jumps meet your Papa
Whenever you see him.
You suck in air with thrilled fear
As you fly spread-eagle over his head.

My stomach fills with tingling joy
When you throw your arms around my neck
in a tight hug.
Knowing how easily I could break your circle
Makes me protect it even more.

I leave the wetness of your small peck on my cheek,
As I dare not erase the trace of love.

Running away from me,
Your little legs reveal a hint of the toddling
Slowly being replaced by the confidence of an older child.
And I hold my breath ever-so-slightly,
Still thinking you might stumble any minute.

The times you do, you stand up slowly and turn around
and look for my reaction.
I suppress the urge to pick you up

To make sure you didn't break.
Instead, a reassuring smile sends you back to your game.

In the quiet of the night, I take you in.
Squeezed against your pillow,
Your spongy cheeks squish your mouth open
Into an exaggerated cherubic bow.
Kneeling beside you, I inhale
Your tiny, sleepy puffs of breath.
I bury my face in your unruly mane of tangles and
Relish the smell of warmth and vanilla.
Gently, so as to not wake you,
I kiss the inside of your soft palms with their sugary scent,
Before I rise and retreat to the doorway,
Where I crane my neck behind the closing door
For one last peek at you.

3 Comments:

At 11/05/2014 7:40 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

soccer shoes, new balance shoes, p90x, canada goose, ugg australia, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose, hollister, wedding dresses, vans shoes, marc jacobs, mcm handbags, ugg pas cher, soccer jerseys, mac cosmetics, rolex watches, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, instyler, longchamp, birkin bag, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, ferragamo shoes, asics running shoes, ugg boots, canada goose uk, ugg, nike huarache, beats by dre, insanity workout, ghd, north face jackets, valentino shoes, herve leger, ugg boots, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, lululemon outlet, uggs outlet, reebok outlet, nike roshe run, celine handbags, mont blanc

 
At 11/05/2014 7:41 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, parajumpers, moncler, pandora charms, moncler, ugg, hollister, oakley, canada goose, air max, converse, swarovski, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister clothing store, toms shoes, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, converse shoes, gucci, supra shoes, air max, moncler, thomas sabo, ugg, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton, vans, karen millen, moncler, montre homme, canada goose, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, moncler outlet, hollister, timberland boots, wedding dresses, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, ray ban, ralph lauren, lancel

 
At 4/04/2016 11:39 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry uk, converse pas cher, true religion jeans, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, polo lacoste, michael kors, michael kors, coach outlet store online, north face uk, hogan outlet, coach outlet, nike free uk, burberry handbags, guess pas cher, vans pas cher, ray ban pas cher, burberry outlet, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, hollister pas cher, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, nike roshe run uk, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, oakley pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air force, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, nike air max uk, nike blazer pas cher, north face, kate spade, new balance, sac vanessa bruno, coach purses, michael kors outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home